WINTER is here and in a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created annually through everyday living! Once the furnace kicks on, the dust and debris is pushed into the rooms which can cause multiple issues.
In addition to the regular irritants found in the winter months, there are several factors that can increase the need for regular cleanings:
- cigarette or cigar smoke
- water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- home renovation or remodeling projects
- mold issues
How can we help?
When a homeowner calls asking about our duct cleaning process it gives us the opportunity to talk about what we do and how we do it. Below we've listed some steps SERVPRO of West Beaver County uses during a routine Duct Cleaning Process:
- Patented equipment includes using air powered agitation systems which automatically adapt to the duct shape, removing debris and filth.
- A powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the duct to a container
- Clean air is filtered through a HEPA filtration, removing 99.97% of particles before it returns to air-wash the duct
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove any odor and dirt
There's more...It can save you money!
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use.
When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn't have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.